Using backup files with new DB

From: Wolf Grossi <ng-wg_at_magro-soft.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:13:52 +0100

Hi folks,

my situation:
I have (all I guess) databasefiles from a ORA9i database, but *no* export file.

What I want to do:
regainig access to the database file, particulary users01.dbf.

My plan:
Install ORA9i and create a DB using the same SID my backup'ed databasefiles were created with.
After creating the DB, shutdown DB and replace the db-files with my databasefiles and - viola - I have saved my data :-))

My concerns:
that's not possible with ORACLE >:-(

My quesetion:
what are the alternatives?

Thanks for reading and hints
Wolf Received on Tue Nov 14 2006 - 11:13:52 CST