Re: getting RMAN to mark and delete obsolete

From: Vitaliy Vorontsov <vitaliy.vorontsov_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Nov 2006 09:10:07 -0800

Oracle stores information about RMAN backups in controlfile and RMAN catalog if it is used. So, parameter control_file_record_keep_time=7 lets you to retain information about backups during last 7 days. If you make full backup every 7 days there is a situation when information about full backup made for example 8 days ago can be overriden and forced out from controlfile.

You have two choices to fix this problem: 1. increase control_file_record_keep_time 2. use RMAN catalog for storing information that was aged out from controlfile.

"""Glen ΠΙΣΑΜ(Α):
"""