Re: Installing 10g using a shell script.....

From: Paul Foerster <paul.foerster_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:33:16 +0100

Hi,

> During our testing we noticed something, when the installer runs, the
> script does not wait for the installer to finish......it continues
> running???

... put a "wait" command after calling the installer. Here's an excerpt from the man page:

wait [n]

       Wait  for  the specified process and return its termination sta‐
       tus.  n may be a process ID or a job  specification;  if  a  job
       spec  is  given, all processes in that job's pipeline are waited
       for.  If n is not given, all currently  active  child  processes
       are waited for, and the return status is zero.  If n specifies a
       non-existent process or job, the return status is  127.   Other‐
       wise,  the  return status is the exit status of the last process
       or job waited for.

So, forget the "sleep 5" command in your script. Also, what shell do you use? Though the wait command should world similar on most shells, it does not necessarily need to. Use a shebang line...

--
cul8er

Paul
paul.foerster_at_gmx.net