Re: Access based on IP Address and Username

From: Pedro Lopes <pedro.lopes_at_netvisao.pt>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:21:28 +0000

The most rich feature to control this is Database Vault.

Although it's only available on 10gR2 and not on all platforms yet (I think only on Linux and Solaris right now).

With DBVault you can define factors and rules like, for example :

The DBA (yes, even the DBA) only can access from the IPAdress "x" between 06AM to 08PM to a certain schema or tables. He can't also execute alter session. :)

DBVault deserves a closer look :)

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/db_security/database-vault/index.html

On the same page there is a viewlet :

Restrict DBA commands based on IP address http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/security/db_security/viewlets/demo7_viewlet_swf.html