Re: Moving backups to / from ASM

From: Scott <nospam_at_nomail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:37:20 -0500

This gets a little weird but...

You can use backup backupset to make a backup of your backup and store it outside of the ASM ( flash recovery area ). This is one of my biggest dissapointments with ASM as I need 2 times the space for backups if I want to resotre the database on another server as the other server needs access to the backup files.

Another option would be to use dbms_file_transfer and copy the files out of the ASM to some other location if need be. With 10GR2 you have the ability to access asm files via ftp assuming you have xmldb installed in your db.

Hope that helps.
Scott.