Moving backups to / from ASM

From: Albert Bihler <abihler.usenet_at_yahoo.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:17:39 +0100

Hi,

we are using Oracle 10g with ASM on Solaris 10. Currently we are planning to do once a week a level 0 backup and every night a level 1 backup. The backupsets are stored in the Flash Recovery Area on ASM.

Furthermore we would like to somehow get a copy of the backupfiles out of ASM and store them on a disk share where a backup team collects the files and stores them to their system.

What I have gathered from Google and Technet so far is that this could be done using RMAN. Unfortunately I can't find the right section in the Oracle documentation. Can somebody please give me a hint?

Best regards,
Albert Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 05:17:39 CST