Re: ASM and 4-way replication?

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 13 Nov 2006 01:47:35 -0800

MarcelD schrieb:
> This solution would generally work, but it introduces additional wait
> times during connection,
> because every connection will first try to contact dg1, and only after
> a timeout will dg2 be used. This takes quite a long time in the case
> dg1 does not respond at all. Unfortunately the applications I have to
> support do frequent connects.

as long as the nodes are reachable there's no measurable impact. but you're right for the case the node doesn't respond at all.

> I know there would be other ways of solving this:
> - changing the service in the directory using LDAP
> - using ONAMES and changing the service there
> - changing DNS-Entries and flushing all caches on the clients...

yes, the trigger can be enhanced to change the service by calling some skripts.
not perfect but it works pretty well.

regards,
-ap Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 03:47:35 CST