Re: ASM and 4-way replication?

From: MarcelD <MARCEL.D_at_GMX.CH>
Date: 13 Nov 2006 01:18:51 -0800

DA Morgan schrieb:

> Depending on your storage vendor you might also be able to use a snap
> mirror technology to replicate changed blocks. And as Jedidiah has said:
> Expect that no matter the technology you are going to likely want fibre.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users Group
> www.psoug.org

I was wondering whether this kind of mirroring can be done with ASM alone.
Since this does not seem to be the case, I will probably use a SAN-controller at each site,
giving me many small RAID1 volumes and then do the site mirroring and striping in ASM.
Are there any disadvantages going this way (other than having to pay for the two SAN-controllers)?

Regards,
Marcel Received on Mon Nov 13 2006 - 03:18:51 CST