Re: Some Data from SServer to Oracle - Options ?

From: Matthias Hoys <anti_at_spam.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 11:57:16 +0100

"klabu" <noone_at_gmail_dot_com> wrote in message news:12l9dcsplo28vd5_at_corp.supernews.com...
> Looking for ideas:
> Need some data (within Oracle/Lnux) from SQLServer(2K) on a CONTINUAL
> basis.
>
> Does NOT need to be Real-Time...can be like Mat. View.
>
> What are my options in impleneting this process ?
>
> thanks
> (and Yes I'm also asking the M$ guys also)
>

> --
> 10gR2/Linux

You could install the Oracle client software on the SQL Server box, and then create a DTS package to transfer data from SQL Server to the Oracle server. You have to do the "mapping" of tables one by one though. Scheduling can be done with the SQL Server agent, and you don't need any extra software licenses to use this.

Matthias Received on Sat Nov 11 2006 - 04:57:16 CST