Re: Enough of doing just a JOB - Openings @ Ampere

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 01:00:48 +0000

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:14:07 -0800, DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:

>>> PS: You wrote "We are located in Noida (close to New Delhi)"
>>> There is no city in India by that name. Perhaps you mean Nayi Dhilli.
>>
>> http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/uttarpradesh/districts/gautambudhnagar.htm
>>
>> http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/uttarpradesh/noida-city-map.htm
>
>Perhaps you are not in India ... the city has been renamed
>just as was Bombay to Mumbai.

 If so, they're keeping it awfully quiet:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Nayi+Dhilli%22 Results 1 - 2 of about 55 for "Nayi Dhilli". (0.06 seconds)

 Are you talking about some sort of non-unique transliteration from one of the local languages? "Nai Dilli" comes up with more hits.

 There's no such city as "Munich" in Germany in German, either, but there is in English - is this just a similar case? Or is there something more official happening?

--
Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk
http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool