Re: upgrade 9.2 to 10.2

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2006 15:20:09 -0800

R. Schierbeek wrote:
> Sylvestre wrote:
> > Hello Thank for answer, where I can find that DMTS are no longer supported in 10.2 ?
>
> As you've found out yourself DMTS are working in 10.2. Quote:
> "Starting with Oracle9i release 9.2 dictionary managed tablespaces are deprecated."
> Here deprecated means "considered lower in value". So LMT's are your best choice.
> But that doesn't mean DMTS are no longer supported.
> Cheers,
> Roelof Schierbeek; DBA

>From dictionary.com:

"Said of a program or feature that is considered obsolescent and in the process of being phased out, usually in favour of a specified replacement. Deprecated features can, unfortunately, linger on for many years. This term appears with distressing frequency in standards documents when the committees writing the documents realise that large amounts of extant (and presumably happily working) code depend on the feature(s) that have passed out of favour."

I don't think anything would break giving up DMT's. This might be a better description of DMT:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=crawling%20horror

I think Charles' answer of making the the system ts LMT should be taken seriously, even if he meant it as a joke.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.acmqueue.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=433