Re: OS memory near 100% full

From: <xhoster_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Nov 2006 22:41:07 GMT

"anish" <anish.kanti.ghosh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> My linux box(rhel as 4) where oracle instance is located is showing
> nearly 100 memory utilization (using top command).

Is the box is showing 100% memory utilization, or Oracle process(es) itself is?

> Changing resource
> limit using 'ulimit' is not showing any significant improvements.

If you don't have a problem, improvement is not needed. What is the problem? 100% memory usage on the box is not a problem. You paid for the memory, *not* using it would be a problem.

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB