Question: Book recommendation - Memory usage on UNIX vs Win2K3

From: BD <robert.drea_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 10:00:50 -0800

I am in the process of moving some databases from AIX 5.2 to Win2K3 Enterprise.

I am running into resourcing hurdles, and it seems to concern how the respective OSs allocate memory resources to Oracle.

Rather than asking specific questions here, I just need to educate myself.

Can someone recommend a good, reasonably thorough document (online or commercial) which discusses this topic, in both the contexts of deployment and tuning?

Much appreciated. Received on Thu Nov 09 2006 - 12:00:50 CST