Re: couldn't drop a rollback segment

From: <siuhaic_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Nov 2006 06:17:07 -0800

Yes we bounced the database after creating the new undo tablespace.

The rollback segs are from the old undo tablespace UNDOTBS02:

SQL> select segment_name, tablespace_name, status from dba_rollback_segs;
Press RETURN to continue

SEGMENT_NAME                   TABLESPACE_NAME                STATUS
----------------
SYSTEM                         SYSTEM                         ONLINE
_SYSSMU1$                      UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU2$                      UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU3$                      UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU4$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU5$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU6$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU7$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU8$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU9$                      UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU10$                     UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU11$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU12$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU13$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU14$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU15$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU16$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU17$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU18$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU19$                     UNDOTBS02                      NEEDS
RECOVERY
_SYSSMU20$                     UNDOTBS02                      OFFLINE
_SYSSMU21$                     UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU22$                     UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE
_SYSSMU23$                     UNDOTBS01                      ONLINE

The datafile for UNDOTBS02 no longer exists, and we don't have any backup.
How can we force it to drop UNDOTBS02 without doing any recovery?

Thanks.