Re: Trigger problem ADO to ORACLE 8

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2006 10:41:01 -0800

Sean wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've got a trigger that was created to timestamp a record in Oracle 8.
> It works fine for the owner of the trigger, but if another user has his
> record updated with the timestamp I get the error: Row cannot be
> located for updating. Some values may have been changed since it was
> last read.
>
> The ADO recordset has the update criteria set to adCriteriaKey, so I
> know that ADO should be able to locate the record for updating even
> though the timestamp field is being filled in by the trigger. And so
> it works fine for the owner of the trigger, but not for others. Could
> this be a permissions problem on the trigger or something related?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean

Not likely, but difficult to tell without the actual trigger source. My gut feeling however tells the trigger code is wrong: you are really updating the current record instead of executing simply
:new.<timestamp_column> := timestamp

And triggers don't have permissions associated with them.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA