Re: Group Multiple Jobs in Oracle Scheduler

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 7 Nov 2006 07:15:17 -0800

Leon wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to be able to group jobs with common functionality. For example,
> I have x amount of jobs (read stored procedures) that update my stock
> table. I need to create a single scheduler object containing all these
> stored procedures. The jobs need to start when the previous job has
> ended successfully. I am currently looking at thefunctionality of the
> chain object.
>
> Am I going in the right direction or is there a better way of doing the
> above.
>
> Regards, Leon.

Yes that's built in to 10g as you are thinking with some improvements in 10.2 from the original 10.1 code.

Many people though use outside scheduling systems ( commercial software ).

If you have extremely complicated requirements (status checking, job restart, conditional flows ) and still insist on using only oracle supplied functionality sometimes additional table(s) are used inside oracle so that job names, processing steps, status information, return codes etc can be interrogated and maintained.

Oracle has made big steps recently in supplying this type of functionality builtin. Received on Tue Nov 07 2006 - 09:15:17 CST