Re: Designer 6i Sequence generation problem

From: mwmann <mwmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2006 05:14:38 -0800

On Nov 7, 12:59 pm, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_arcor.de> wrote:
> mwmann schrieb:
>

> > Hi
>
> > Please if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, I have been
> > tearing my hair out for days.
>
> > I have created the sequence in designer, however I can not find where
> > to set sequence attributes, such as min_value,max_value etc.
>
> > This is the default DDL generated:
>
> > CREATE SEQUENCE TASK_HISTORY_SEQ
> > NOMAXVALUE
> > NOMINVALUE
> > NOCYCLE
> > NOCACHE
> > /
>
> > This is the generated sequence on the database, resulted from running
> > the above DDL:
>
> > select * from user_sequences where sequence_name='TASK_HISTORY_SEQ';
>
> > SEQUENCE_NAME MIN_VALUE MAX_VALUE
> > INCREMENT_BY C O CACHE_SIZE LAST_NUMBER
> > --------------------------- ------------------------------
> > --------------- - - ---------- ------------
> > TASK_HISTORY_SEQ 1 999999999999999999999999999
> > 1 N N 0 5
>
> > My problem is that my field which will be populated by this sequence
> > has a MAX length of 6. Eventually this will be a problem and is bad
> > design.
>
> > I do not want to modify the DDL, as the whole point is the repository
> > definitions are correct, and ddl generated, not later modified.
>
> > WHERE DO I SET THE SEQUENCE PROPERTIES IN DESIGNER ?You can customize sequence implementations if you go to Optons ->
> Customize... -> Sequence Implementations
>
> Best regards
>
> Maxim

Thanks maxim, one step closer. I see where you are talking about, however when I 'tick' the relevent properties to be displayed, I dont know where to set those properties, I cant see those attribute in the property pallette, RON, or anywhere else........ Where should I be able to set these, once I have set to display the relevant attributes in options..... ?

Thanks again Received on Tue Nov 07 2006 - 07:14:38 CST