Designer 6i Sequence generation problem

From: mwmann <mwmann_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2006 23:53:19 -0800

Hi

Please if anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, I have been tearing my hair out for days.

I have created the sequence in designer, however I can not find where to set sequence attributes, such as min_value,max_value etc.

This is the default DDL generated:

CREATE SEQUENCE TASK_HISTORY_SEQ
 NOMAXVALUE
 NOMINVALUE
 NOCYCLE
 NOCACHE
/

This is the generated sequence on the database, resulted from running the above DDL:

select * from user_sequences where sequence_name='TASK_HISTORY_SEQ';

SEQUENCE_NAME     MIN_VALUE                      MAX_VALUE
INCREMENT_BY C O CACHE_SIZE LAST_NUMBER
TASK_HISTORY_SEQ          1    999999999999999999999999999
 1 N N          0            5

My problem is that my field which will be populated by this sequence has a MAX length of 6. Eventually this will be a problem and is bad design.

I do not want to modify the DDL, as the whole point is the repository definitions are correct, and ddl generated, not later modified.

WHERE DO I SET THE SEQUENCE PROPERTIES IN DESIGNER ? Received on Tue Nov 07 2006 - 01:53:19 CST