Re: Free Linux to run Oracle

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 08:36:08 +0100

Steve Howard schreef:

> Mladen,
>
> I have had absolutely zero issues with CentOS (RHAT clone). It's a
> straight out of the box install.
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve

Mladen actually inquired about Unbutu and OpenSuse, but as we're going to freewheel into recommendations: I second the CentOS comments, tried 4.2, and have had very little problems with WhiteBox 3.0 (the WB developer now devotes his time to CentOS)

Hearing quite good stories on Unbutu, but no stories regarding Oracle, cannot comment on OpenSuse

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...