Re: Oracle Discoverer 3.1 won't connect on Windows XP

From: Kydd <rkudyba_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2006 14:31:49 -0800

Charles Hooper wrote:
> Check the Advanced TCP/IP settings on the computer's network card.
> Specifically, look at the DNS tab in the box titled "DNS suffix for
> this connection's addresses in DNS". Compare that with the other
> computers that are working correctly.

Exactly the same.

> Install Wireshark/Ethereal on the client computer to see the packets
> that are being passed to the network. Install Filemon to determine the
> files that are being accessed on the client computer. Compare those
> logs with logs from another computer that is working properly.

Started with Filemon. One strange difference is that on the working computer, when I try to make the connection I see that \orant\NET80\NLTUS.MSB is being accessed. On the bad computer, I see \orant\NET80\TNSUS.MSB as well as \orant\RDBMS\ORAUS.MSB being read in addition to NLTUS.MSB. Received on Mon Nov 06 2006 - 16:31:49 CST