Re: When I COMMIT....

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:45:08 GMT

> That is not the criterion. The point is, did your commit
> statement make it to the database.

As I required my students to repeat...when I taught Oracle classes..."A commit is not complete until the commit marker is written in the online redo logs". If the transaction does not receive acknowledgement that this has occurred, the transaction has not committed.

Cheers,Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net
http://www.peasland.net