Re: When I COMMIT....

From: EscVector <Junk_at_webthere.com>
Date: 6 Nov 2006 07:28:41 -0800

Yes, the transaction would be gone as if the transaction is not commited. If it did commit, and the redo logs show a completed transaction, it will be rolled forward and applied if the entire transaction can be applied, otherwise no transaction. Without app side logging the transaction is gone 100% from the database if not written in redo.

See Chapter 9, Expert Oracle Database Arch 9i/10g, by tkyte for some good examples. Page 290 describes a similar situation.