Re: Free Linux to run Oracle

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 23:23:33 GMT

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 16:58:52 -0600, Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> Just glad I can be of some help in something Oracle. I have only been
> exposed to Oracle for a few months at this point and am still wandering a
> bit lost myself. I find a lot of posts here helpful, so I'll eventually get
> there!

Oracle is a big beast. Hang in there - I was once told that no-one could possibly know more than 5% of everything Oracle. I tend to believe it.

I've been around Oracle products for 22 years. It never fails to amaze me that I can learn something new about the products every day. And I often learn from people who've been around Oracle 'just a few months'.

(BTW - a lot of us here are grumpy old men ... if you look into the archives, both Mladen and I have taken turns at being grumpy and being nice. I have to admit Mladen's got some good ideas at times.)

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!