Re: Free Linux to run Oracle

From: Andreas Piesk <a.piesk_at_gmx.net>
Date: 5 Nov 2006 12:57:34 -0800

Mladen Gogala schrieb:
> I am not thrilled with commercial distributions for home use, but this
> definitely an option. FC4, the distribution I'm using now, is very decent
> with Oracle. Until those morons at Red Hat decided that they'll no longer
> include Linux Threads, everything was fine. Red Hat should be explained
> that there is a price to pay for breaking the compatibility. Oracle is

as i wrote, Fedora is a playground and playing often breaks things. this is exactly why i switched from Redhat 9 to RHEL and CentOS. i can test and play with CentOS without paying license fees and can transfer the knowledge to RHEL because RHEL and CentOS are technically the same. just try it and see for yourself.

regards,
-ap Received on Sun Nov 05 2006 - 14:57:34 CST