Re: some interestings posts after oracle open world

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 4 Nov 2006 10:03:49 -0800

DA Morgan wrote:
> hpuxrac wrote:
> > What does everyone think?
> >
> > http://wedonotuse.blogspot.com/
> >
> > Please read the last 2 postings.
> >
> > This behavior sounds worse than people aggressively promoting certain
> > user groups? Or is there some correlation?
>
> Next to last post:
> "11. 27 October: Miracle 6 year birthday party.... If you're around,
> this will be fun. If you're not around, it will still be fun."
>
> Last post:
> "12: Dilemma: 13 to 17 November: I will either have to participate in
> the annual UKOUG conference in Birmingham (which is very good) OR go to
> Seattle to do the PASS (Professinal Association of SQL Server) annual
> conference. Very hard choice."
>

> There is something wrong with this? What? This is someone's blog.
> They can write their mother's cookie recipes in it if they wish.

Not surprised but you missed the point as usual.

Mogen's blog noted that he was unable to present the paper "Why You Probably Don't Need RAC". He had some quite explicit words about why he was unable to present that paper. Probably you should read all this again.

The behavior that I was referring to somewhat obliquely was how user groups sell themselves to vendors. There are words that Mogen used in that context. Probably you missed that also.

Then I asked how that behavior compared to the behavior of certain people who spend a lot of effort in this newsgroup promoting certain user groups. Who behaves like that? Well think hard.

> www.psoug.org

Yikes there's that url being pushed out again. No surprise there. Received on Sat Nov 04 2006 - 12:03:49 CST