Re: Intermittent connection problems from web servers to DB server

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 09:59:37 +0100

Yoram Ayalon schreef:
> Mark,
>
> thanks for the reply. not a typo. the error is 20004
>
> we have no user application that generates this error. I triple-checked

Yes you do, and there's code like:

when others then
  raise_application_error (SQLERRNO, SQLERRM); end;

The actual error raises an error, which is captured an generates an other, application defined -20004. Mark already pointed out, that all error numbers in the range of -20000 to -20999, inclusive are application specific errors - all other codes are reserved for Oracle use.

Sigh - when do error handlers start dumping the error stack?!? It would make life so much easier...

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...