Re: Student question about Oracle backup and recovery

From: Hans <Hans.Wijte_at_mail.ing.nl>
Date: 3 Nov 2006 01:50:17 -0800

OklahomaDave wrote:
> I'm studying backup and recovery for 10g in school. I was wondering if
> someone could tell me the steps to recovering a lost datafile in
> archivelog mode when there isn't a backup.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

Assuming you have all archives from before the point-in-time the datafile was created up until now , this would go like :

  1. alter database datafile '..filename..' offline;
  2. alter database create datafile '..filename..';
  3. recover datafile '..filename..';
  4. alter database datafile '..filename..' online;

This scenario is also valid with a RMAN recovery

Hans Received on Fri Nov 03 2006 - 03:50:17 CST