Re: Copy data from one database instance to another on the same server

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 09:11:08 +0100

CJM schreef:
> I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live
> database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database that
> is on the same server.
>
> What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or
> must I use an external tool?
>
> Thanks
>
> CJM

If they are really temporary tables, the methods described won't work. You can:
- use an insert into remote table from temporary   table during the session
- use an insert into local table from temporary   table, and use one of the methods described   by others.

The fact you use temporary tables and want to copy them, makes me fear your mistake oracle for an other product, and you are not using temporary tables at all.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...