Re: report server problem

From: Radoulov, Dimitre <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 17:37:14 +0100

>> >Isn't there a way
>> > to run the reports server in some sort of verbose debugging mode?
>>
>> See ML Note 237301.1 Logging and Tracing in Reports 9.0.x
>>

> Funny you should mention that. I had already started to study that
> document. Anyway, I tried turning on tracing as instructed, namely I
> added:
> <trace traceOpts="trace_all"/>
> to $ORACLE_HOME/reports/conf/repsrv.conf and restarted the server. But
> with that change, I consistently fail to connect to the server (from
> rwclient).

[...]

Last shots in the dark:

  1. what's the output of the following commands:

ls -l <your_rdf_files>
ls -l ../<upper_dir>

ps -ef | grep <reports_server_processes>

(to check the files' permissions)

2. Is the variable DISPLAY still needed for this version of reports server?

Dimitre Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 10:37:14 CST