Re: is it really true that the new unbreakable linux has an app menu that doesn't work?

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 Nov 2006 05:45:47 -0800

Andy Hassall wrote:
> On 1 Nov 2006 13:47:45 -0800, "hpuxrac" <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> >>From the dizwell site there is this information:
> >
> >http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/336#comment-895
> >
> >Apparently if you install the new oracle distro for linux you get a
> >system where the application menu is not functioning.
> >
> >Perhaps this might have been tested before being released and announced
> >so publicly?
> >
> >Yikes!
>
> And of course there was:
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/10/30/oracle_meta_down/

Well I guess the 64 bit version does have an applications menu that works.

So perhaps they did a fine job on the quality control of the 64 bit version?

Now since oracle is providing their own bug fixes will someone that cares please submit a bug for the 32 bit version that the application menu is "not viable"?

Maybe the oracle guy that hangs out here sometimes ( Mark Townsend ? ) can do this for us? Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 07:45:47 CST