Re: Copy data from one database instance to another on the same server

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: 2 Nov 2006 04:07:47 -0800

CJM wrote:
> I have some data in a couple of temporary tables in a schema in the live
> database. I want to copy the data to the same schema on a test database that
> is on the same server.
>
> What is the best method of doing this? Can I use SQL Developer/PL/SQL, or
> must I use an external tool?
>
> Thanks
>
> CJM
You Oracle utilities Export and Import. To export from Live, from the command-line on the server:

exp system/<system_password>@<live_db> file=<filename> log=<log_filename> owner=<schema_name> [ tables=<comma_separated_list_of_table_names> ]

To import into Test:

imp system/<system_password>@<test_db> file=<filename> log=<log_filename> fromuser=<schema_name> touser=<schema_name>

HTH -g Received on Thu Nov 02 2006 - 06:07:47 CST