Re: Creating optimized track changes table

From: Steve Howard <stevedhoward_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2006 11:53:51 -0800

Beto wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to create an optimized table in my production database...
>
> I have a sql script that make several insertions into database based
> in user id.
>
> insert into tablea (user ,value , date , ..{many values}...plan ,
> reason)
> values ('john' , 100 ,to_date ......);
>
> This script is executed once in a month and i would like to have a
> track of each change , but to the same customer i need to have a
> sequence , for example :
>
> September
> USER: John
> Version:1
> Date:1-sep-06
> value:USD100
>
> October
> USER: John
> Version:2
> Date:1-oct-06
> value:USD120
>
> I know how to create table as dummy user , but i woul like to know how
> i can create an optimized table because this table will be used in
> production and can't take many time and size.
>
> Anyone can help me?
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> rgds,

I'm not sure I know what you mean by an optimized table (when would you want an unoptimized table?). At any rate, I assume you are on my version since you didn't mention it (it usually matters). Look up Fine Grained Auditing in the docs (tahiti.oracle.com, which is free), which should get you started.

HTH, Steve Received on Tue Oct 31 2006 - 13:53:51 CST