XML-20108 when applying CPUOct2006 9i on AIX with 10g installed also

From: <randy.vanek_at_michaelfoods.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2006 10:41:37 -0800

applying CPUOct2006 and everything seems to work fine except that I get an XML
error in the 'verifying patch' section.
It continues to update the inventory and ends with return code 0

I checked the files in /oracle/oraInventory/ContentsXML and they look fine, all
have been updated during the current execution of opatch

Oracle support says the /oracle/oraInventory/ContentsXML is corrupt, however on 10g only and 9i only the patch is fine. All servers with 9i AND 10g get this error which means that the 10g install is corrupting this file.

OPatch is the correct version and lsinventory shows the patch was installed successfully. Received on Tue Oct 31 2006 - 12:41:37 CST