Re: Oracle 10g RAC Windows

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 06:36:49 +0000

Markus Barth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my hardware is as mentioned a HP-MSA 1000 and two HP DL-380 machines -
> nothig special. I've read the available documentation and started with ASM -
> After the update from 10.2.0.1 to 10.2.0.2 no communication with the ASM is
> possible - When using 10.2.0.1 - I can't restart the nodes because crs
> service crashes the machines - this bug is documented at metalink - the
> problem is - I have to use Windows. Do you know someone who has a running
> RAC system using windows?

I'm not there anymore but we had 10.1 RAC running on non-US windows (pretty sure it was 2003 - it was UK english) quite happily at my last place - that was on HP hardware, though not the ones you mention I think. PRKR-1008 is a cluster services related error, worth putting into metalink if it is up today. You can also as Daniel suggests run CLUVFY. failing that setting an environment variable SRVM_TRACE=TRUE before running srvctl (or presumably dbca as well) will result in a TON of diagnostic messages, you may find something useful in there. I'd probably also try srvctl config nodeapps -n <machine_name> on the member nodes to see what is and isn't running.

HTH

--

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA