Stanby cannot be moved forward

From: Massa Batheli <mngong_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Oct 2006 07:19:20 -0800

Let me rephrase and could be lucky get a response.

There are three servers.

1)Production
2)Standby
3)Backup

A backup is taken from production server to backup server. Recovered and opened read only to acertain the validity of backup. This is then moved to standby server and ready for logs to be applied Is there any problem with this?
The standby fails consistently and there have been suggestions that you do not have to recover.