Re: cannot delete backupset

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 28 Oct 2006 14:41:45 -0700

MichalF wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem with one of the backupsets which canot be deleted.
> When I try to do so using OEM, I receive "RMAN-06160: no backup pieces
> found for backup set key: 59". I can see this backupset in 'manage
> Current backup' window, but I can't delete it. Looks like incosistency
> in rman repository, but I don't know how to fix it. This error raises
> no matter if physical backupset exists on disk or not.
> I'm using version 10.1.0.3.0 on linux RH ES3
> Any ideas, comments, questions?

I don't have a lot of usage for OEM so my recommendation is to go at rman at the command line interface.

Try a list backupset command then delete the one's you wish to.

Robert Freeman has a pretty good book on rman that you may want to consider purchasing.

Oracle documentation can be found at http://tahiti.oracle.com ...

If you have a support contract with oracle you can work at resolving this issue by opening a service request with them. Received on Sat Oct 28 2006 - 16:41:45 CDT