Re: oracle performance

From: Gints Plivna <gints.plivna_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Oct 2006 06:58:50 -0700

rawass wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I need to know what are in general the steps that I have to follow in
> order to diagnose the reasons behind a performance problem on oracle
> dtabases? Please if you can detail each step in your answer.
>
> Best Regards

I've found the best way to identify the session that is running slow and tracing it. Here you can use THE BOOK that is written by Cary Millsap and Jeff Holt called Optimizing Oracle performance. You can find sample chapters of the book as well as free whitepapers that were written before the book outlining some chapters in the book in www.hotsos.com under library section.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu Received on Sat Oct 28 2006 - 08:58:50 CDT