XE owa_sec.GET_CLIENT_HOSTNAME problem

From: Graham Wallace <graham.wallace_at_NOSPAM.blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 22:52:59 GMT

All,

I am experimenting with mod pl/sql at the moment on a oracle XE installation. I have written a simple page which I want to output the users host name and IP address:

create or replace PROCEDURE GET_HOST_NAME AS BEGIN

   htp.print( '<html>

<head>
<title>IP NAME</title>
</head>
Your IP name is ' || nvl(owa_sec.GET_CLIENT_HOSTNAME, 'NULL') ); htp.print( '</body> </html>');

END; The HTML output I get is:
Your IP name is NULL.

I have tried metalink article 150089.1, and reinstalled pubowa.sql, privowa.sql, pubcust.sql and privcust.sql, from the RDBMS directory of my XE installation, after logging in as sys.

Why is the owa_sec.get_client_hostname not working?

Regards,
Graham Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 17:52:59 CDT