Retrieving a value (currency conversion factor) from the Internet

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:03:28 -0400

Hi

Is there any method I could use from within Oracle, to retrieve a value from a Internet site.
I"m told by the programmer that the value would be in XML

The Oracle server has access to the Internet. So I can it connect to http://something , get the XML data, and parse it ?

Thanks for any pointer you may give

Oracle 9iR2 on OpenVMS 7.3-1

--