Re: Start With/Connect By problem

From: CJM <cjmnews04_at_REMOVEMEyahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:22:35 +0100

"Tim Arnold" <timkarnold_at_comcast.net> wrote in message news:a96dndV75rEVjt_YnZ2dnUVZ_t6dnZ2d_at_comcast.com...

> Maybe
>
> SELECT ps.PART_NO Parent, ps.Contract, LEVEL, ps.COMPONENT_PART Component,
> ps.QTY_PER_ASSEMBLY LevelQty, ps.PRINT_UNIT UOM
> FROM IFSAPP.PROD_STRUCTURE ps
> WHERE ps.CONTRACT = 'EMGA'
> START WITH ps.PART_NO = (select pspart_no where
> ORDER_NO = 'G2000132' and
> RELEASE_NO = '1' AND
> SEQUENCE_NO = '6')
> CONNECT BY PRIOR ps.COMPONENT_PART = ps.PART_NO
> order by level, ps.Part_No;

We may need to add "and Contract = 'EMGA'" to the sub-query since the Order No/Release/Sequence might yield two order lines with different contracts, but otherwise it's perfect! It's also embarassingly simple - I should have thought along those lines in the first place.

Thanks for a quick and accurate response.

Chris Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 09:22:35 CDT