Re: Oracle 10g - Anyone?

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 27 Oct 2006 07:20:43 -0700

bdbafh wrote:
> On Oct 26, 3:52 pm, "ame..._at_iwc.net" <ame..._at_iwc.net> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > We're trying to do a silent 10g install/upgrade of our current
> > database. We ran the OUI in silent mode. According to the output of
> > this, it says it was successful, but some of the configuration
> > assistants failed.
> >
> > So we looked at the logs and it looks like the net configuration
> > assistant failed. The error messages are below. But for my own
> > understanding, I wanted to make sure the following is correct:
> >
> > -- When you run the OUI in silent mode, your environment is set to your
> > 9i environment.
> > -- When the install of the 10g software is complete, and one of the
> > configuration assistants start, the environment variables are still set
> > to the 9i environment. How are these changed to reflect 10g if the
> > assistants are started automatically?
> >
> > Now, we tried manually setting the environment variables to the 10g
> > environment, but still received the same error. Just wondering if
> > anyone solved this with regards to the silent install........
> >
> > Oh, and I tried making sure that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH was set.......that
> > does not seem to be the issue.
> >
> > ------------------------
> >
> > Install successful
> >
> > Linking in progress (Thu Oct 26 13:37:34 CDT 2006)
> > .. 66%
> > Done.
> > Link successful
> >
> > Setup in progress (Thu Oct 26 13:45:08 CDT 2006)
> > ..................................... 100%
> > Done.
> > Setup successful
> >
> > End of install phases.(Thu Oct 26 13:45:41 CDT 2006)
> > Starting to execute configuration assistants
> > Configuration assistant "Oracle Net Configuration Assistant" failed
> > SEVERE:OUI-10104:Some of the configuration assistants failed. It is
> > strongly recommended that you retry the configuration assistants at
> > this time. Not successfully running any "Recommended" assistants means
> > your system will not be correctly configured. Select the failed
> > assistants and click the 'Retry' button to retry them.
> > --------------------------------------
> > The "/ora2/app/oracle/product/10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolFailedCommands"
> > script contains all commands that failed, were skipped or were
> > cancelled. This file may be used to run these configuration assistants
> > outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with
> > passwords (if any) before executing the same.
> > The "/ora2/app/oracle/product/10g/cfgtoollogs/configToolAllCommands"
> > script contains all commands to be executed by the configuration
> > assistants. This file may be used to run the configuration assistants
> > outside of OUI. Note that you may have to update this script with
> > passwords (if any) before executing the same.

> > The installation of Oracle Database 10g was successful, but some
> > optional configuration assistants failed, were cancelled or skipped.
> [...]

So, are you saying that I really do not need to run the NetConfig Assistant portion of the 10g install? I can justcopy over the 9i config files and change the paths, etc?

I assume that before the DBUA runs I'll need to alter the environment, setting everything to the 10g environment??

I do not mean to be asking repeated questions and such, it is just we've never done this before and we are unfamiliar with the process and are trying to tap into the minds of people who have done this before.......

Thanks in advance....... Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 09:20:43 CDT