Re: Oracle 10g RAC Windows

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 27 Oct 2006 07:42:01 GMT

Markus Barth <cdcopy_at_t-online.de> wrote:
> I want to install a 2 node cluster under Windows 2003 R2 using HP-hardware
> (MSA1000) - I've tried
> 10.2.0.1, 10.2.02 and Patch 9 - everytime the db-installation process
> (dbca) ends with PRKR-1008 - tried ASM and OCFS.
> Installation on a non US-configured Windows will always fail in netca - Is
> there someone who has a
> working configuraton? Which software version and patches were used?

Don't use Windows for a database server. Just don't.

If you have the money to buy RAC and the crew of DBAs required to keep it up and happy, you'll have the peanuts to get a reliable operating system too.

Unfortunately I cannot help you with your original problem :^(

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Fri Oct 27 2006 - 02:42:01 CDT