Re: DDL for triggers.

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2006 17:18:34 -0700

joel garry wrote:

> So far the closest for my needs is the simple orafaq mktrig, but it has
> a problem with very long trigger bodies - I have some that approach
> 12000 characters, and I haven't found a combination of sqlplus settings
> that doesn't break a variable name in the middle. If someone can fix
> that, please say something!

Ah, my last post about dbms_metadata clued me in to getting mktrig to work - I changed to
set pages 0
set long 12000
set lines 2000
set trimspool on

And it seems to work with my current set of triggers. Somehow. I'm not all warm 'n fuzzy about it working in the future with unknown mysterious changes to the triggers.

I would like to know how to do it properly with dbms_metadata, though. I can guess it needs a cursor loop and utl_file like in the packages doc get_payroll_tables example. One of these days...

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
bind variables http://www.flickr.com/photos/26705001@N00/277995385/