Re: Hot Back Up in oracle 9i.....

From: sybrandb <sybrandb_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2006 05:12:35 -0700

On Oct 26, 2:06 pm, "sanjeev" <sanjeev_atvan..._at_yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i have following specification
> 1> Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1 standard edition) database server at PLACE A
> acts as Primary Server
> 2> Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1 enterprise edition) at PLACE B acts as
> backup server.
> 3> Platform is Windows 2000 server
>
> Now i want to take backup of primary server(Place A) after every 15 min
> and stores this at backup server(Place B)
> and backup should be Hot backup
>
> I have Basic knowlege of Oracle architecure and i want just practice
> Could any one tell me which tutorial will help me and tutorials must
> include examples code
> and should be free.
> Please give links on above topics
>
> Thanking you in advance
>
> Sanjeev N.A.

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/toc.htm

and
http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/5
Note the frame on the left hand side for subsequent chapters.

One would wonder whether you really need to make a backup every 15 minutes, there are smarter mechanisms to keep 2 databases in sync, like Oracle Dataguard.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA