Does Optimizer use P.A.T to calculate cost..?

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Oct 2006 05:06:05 -0700

Oracle 10.2.0.2 on W2K3

I have increased our PGA_AGGR_TARGET from 90Mb to 200Mb and some of our batch jobs have started to do Full Table Scans where they were using Index lookups before....

Some of these jobs have gone from 3 minute execution to 49 minute execution.

Does Oracle use the size of the PGA when calculating cost for a query...?

Matt Received on Thu Oct 26 2006 - 07:06:05 CDT