Re: AIX Vs HP-UX Vs Sun Solaris for Oracle

From: Anthony <akkha1234_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 15:48:17 -0700

True. But, for example, do you want to click thousands of time to do something on 50 different databases repeatedly? Or, rather, you spend a couple of hours/days on writing a script to do the job on a timely and regular basis? Then spend the time saved on more effective and productive work? (maybe in answering question in this group)?

I was just assigned to be the backup DBA of about 20 microsoft sql databases. The primary DBA showed me how to monitor the log space. She did it diligently through the GUI interface and did it every day for 30 minutes in the morning. I don't want to do this. I am writing a vbsript/batch script to automate it and send me an exception report. Then I will work on the exception. What is your choice? Received on Wed Oct 25 2006 - 17:48:17 CDT