Re: AIX Vs HP-UX Vs Sun Solaris for Oracle

From: <mfullerton_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 13:41:16 -0700

Geez, most bosses don't care about certification anymore. Really, know unix period. The variances between solaris, AIX and HP-UX are small and the real differences are only needed if you are called on to be the unix admin at the same time. That would be a whole new story. As a DBA, let the Unix admin be the expert or pick one and become an expert yourself if you have to be the unix admin also on the project....