Re: Show content of Export DMP file

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:00:52 GMT

klabu wrote:
> So the old imp utility has the parameter:
> SHOW - just list file contents
>
> and the new impdp does not....
>
> just brilliant!
>
> so how am i supposed to know what the heck is in the dmp file ???????????/

Use the SQLFILE parameter. Basically, the old SHOW=Y would show you the DDL in the dump file. The SQLFILE does the same thing, but the resulting output file is much more readable....sounds like improvement to me! ;)

Also, I make it a habit to include my export log whenever I give someone a dump file. That way, they can look at the log to see most of the contents of the dump file.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net