Sending an email with attachment and message

From: tawright915 <tawright915_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2006 09:36:48 -0700

Is there a wayto send an email with an attachement, and message, but not have to read in the message from a message file?

I can get it to somewhat work like this:

     mailx -m -s "report" someemail_at_email.com <<EOF $EMAIL_MSG
~<! cat uuencode $REPORT_DIR/report.dat
~.
EOF But it includes the contents of the dat file in my email body along with the message, instead of attaching report.dat to it.

I wanted the message to be either created in a text file on the fly then removed when completed or held in a variable like I'm doing here.

Is this possible

Thanks
Tom Received on Wed Oct 25 2006 - 11:36:48 CDT