Re: How many private memory does one single oracle server process allocate?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 24 Oct 2006 15:10:36 -0700

lsllcm wrote:
> Could you help on this one?

Sorry, I can't. However, if you have access to metalink, see

Note:15566.1 TECH: Unix Semaphores and Shared Memory Explained,
Note:17094.1 TECH: Unix Virtual Memory, Paging & Swapping explained,
Note:2060096.6 Monitoring Memory Use, Note:148466.1 Monitor Oracle
Resource Consumption in UNIX, Note:1070975.6 Script: Listing Memory Used By All Sessions

Basically, you have to subtract out the shared memory from that displayed by the usual OS tools like ps if you want to do it from the OS level. Memory usage is dynamic, so I'm not sure what question you are really asking. You may want to look up the terms PGA and UGA and how to determine peak usage per session from Oracle's viewpoint.

select sid, name, value
from v$statname n, v$sesstat s
where n.statistic# = s.statistic#
and n.name like '%memory%'
order by sid;

Maybe if you say what you really want to determine your post would make more sense to me.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"oh my, ouch - this hurts, this hurts so very very bad to read.  so,